Western Region TTA Center
S. 165 Howard St., Ste. 200
Spokane, WA 99201
Pre-application Training for ANA Grants
Why is community involvement an imperative for an Administration for Native Americans’ (ANA) grant application? What are the new scoring criteria that will be used to evaluate applications? Save the date and join us for a pre-application training, where you will learn about the work that goes into writing for an ANA grant application and the newly released funding opportunity announcements.
This training is free to potential ANA grantees. The Western Region Training and Technical Assistance Center is sponsored by the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, ANA.
Dates, Times, and Location
February 25-26, 2014, on Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in San Diego, CA.
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
2592 Laning Road
San Diego, California 92106
Phone: (619) 221-1900
Toll free: (800) 321-2211
Fax: (619) 221-0900
• Dan VanOtten, Ph.D. Training Specialist, Western Region TTA Center
• Kesley Edmo, Trainer, Western Region TTA Center
• Iris PrettyPaint, Ph.D., Region Director, Western Region TTA Center
Travel, Lodging, and Ground Transportation
Participants are responsible for arranging and paying for their own travel and lodging.
To reserve your room, contact the Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport/Liberty Station. The cutoff date for our rates is Monday, February 3, 2014. After this date, the availability will be evaluated and the date may be extended; otherwise the rates are not guaranteed.
• Make your reservation online. The special rates will automatically be shown. Please fill in indicated information.
• Phone call: 1-800-321-2211; specify that you are with Kauffman & Associates, Inc. group and that the group code is KAG to receive the special room rate of $155/night.
San Diego International Airport is located about 1 mile from the hotel.
The hotel provides complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport on request.
• Once you have picked up your bags, please dial 619-221-1900 to be picked up.
• From baggage claim, make your way across the sky bridge to the “Courtesy Vehicle Pickup.”
• The shuttle has a Courtyard by Marriott logo along the sides and reads “Liberty Station” along the top.
• Please contact a front desk agent upon check-in to schedule a shuttle drop off to the airport.
• Shuttle leaves every half hour and is based on availability.
The hotel website lists the following transportation service companies:
Estimated taxi fare: $8 (one way). Visit the airport taxi webpage for taxi options.
The hotel provides complimentary onsite parking.
For More Information
Direct your questions about the training to Dan Van Otten, Training Specialist, Western Region TTA Center, via email at email@example.com or by phone direct at 503-835-8023.