2023 Pre-Application Training Materials
- Pre-Application Training Manual – The official training manual will review many of the concepts introduced in the training.
- Pre-Application Toolkit – (cannot be viewed in your internet browser; download and open from your desktop). This toolkit contains several activities designed to help you and your community plan your project.
- ANA Framework Examples – A Word document with examples for each NOFO type pulled from the manual.
- SEDS/ERE: Budget and Budget Justification Template – Use this to draft your budget, but we recommend converting to PDF for submission.
- Budget and Budget Justification Example – This sample shows how to complete a line-item budget and justification.
- Non-Federal Share Calculation – This PDF provides a more detailed breakdown for calculating the NFS to help you visualize your required match.
- Training Slides – PDF Version
- Pre-Application Activity Workbook (Word Doc Version or PDF Version) – Activities from the manual made fillable.
- Pre-Application Group Activities –
- Session 1 (Jan 17-20) – Google Drive
- Session 2 (T/Th Jan 24-Feb 2) – coming soon
- Adobe Software Tip Sheet:
- You should verify that you are using a version of Adobe that is compatible with Grants.gov. To do this, from the Grants.gov homepage select the Applicants tab. Next click the Adobe Software Compatibility link. https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/applicants/adobe-software-compatibility.html
- Compatible versions for Windows and Mac OS users: To verify the version of Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer is compatible with the forms in Workspace you can also click on the following test application package link. https://www.grants.gov/documents/19/18243/Adobe-Versioning-Test-Workspace-PDF-Form.pdf
- Grants.gov – Register as an Organization Applicant: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/applicants/organization-registration.html
- Grants.gov – Introduction to Grants.gov Video Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNSNGxQE7NWlPcYxVJsglJbRc6cPcfC8X
- Grants.gov – Learning Workspace Video Series for Organization Applicants: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNSNGxQE7NWlibdjPYGOsZaG-ol0pBsx3
- SAM.gov – Register, receive a UEI, and renew annually: https://sam.gov/SAM/
- DUNS – is no longer required. Instead you will need to use a UEI (unique entity identifier) assigned through SAM.gov
** Grants.gov, SAM.gov and obtaining a UEI is always free! If you are being asked for payment, then be sure you are on the correct website(s).
- Objective Work Plan (Word form): https://www.acf.hhs.gov/ana/training-technical-assistance/objective-work-plan
- Objective Work Plan (PDF form): https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/forms/sf-424-family.html
- This PDF fillable form is also available in the Grants.gov workspace.
- Become an ANA Panel Reviewer: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/ana/grants/objective-panel-review